- Over two decades of leadership experience in all aspects of creative production and live event management.
- A decade of experience in arts, entertainment, and travel journalism in a variety of print and electronic mediums.
- Guided from inception to execution projects ranging in scale from community theater to televised Broadway-scale galas.
- Technology expert in database management (Microsoft Access, SQL, VB, Crystal Reports XI), graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign), and Audio/Visual production (PowerPoint, Sony Vegas/SoundForge, MediaShout)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for diverse artistic, technical, business, and governmental audiences.
Freelance Arts and Travel JournalistOrlando, FL2003- Present
- Co-author of top-selling guidebooks including Intrepid Traveler’s Universal Orlando, SeaWorld & Busch Gardens, and After Disney: The Other Orlando; and Wiley's Unofficial Guide to Disneyland.
- Arts critic, multimedia blogger, and opinion columnist for Orlando Weekly, TouringPlans.com, & The DailyCity.com.
- Interviewed as a “theme park expert” by media outlets including Slate.com, FOX-TV, Rudy Maxa, and Coaster Radio.
- Contributing author to Orlando Attraction Magazine, Jim Hill Media, VISIT Florida, and Virgin Airlines Voyeur.
Independent Theatrical Producer/Director/DesignerOrlando, FL1996- Present
- Award-winning proven success at conceiving and executing ambitious creative and technical events integrating live production management, stage direction, creative multimedia audio/video design, and personnel supervision.
- Repeat presenter at the Orlando Shakespeare Theater, Orlando International Fringe Festival, Theatre Downtown, and other acclaimed regional venues.
- Co-founder and producer of the acclaimed Empty Spaces Theatre Co., named “Best place to see something edgy” by Elizabeth Maupin, Orlando Sentinel (2008).
- Stage manager of gala Red Chair Affair (2006-2009) featuring Cirque du Solieil and Blue Man Group.
- Production Manager of Mad Cow's 8th Annual Orlando Cabaret Festival featuring K.T. Sullivan and Karen Akers.
- Producer of The Rich Weirdoes interactive cinema troupe, winner of Orlando Weekly “Best of Orlando” (2006,2008) and WESH-TV “A List” (2008) awards.
- Production manager & assistant director of SoulFire interactive theatre, featuring Tony & Tina’s Wedding.
- Graphic designer, video editor, and layout artist for dozens of successful print and online media marketing campaigns.
Information Technology Consultant: Ciber, Inc.Orlando, FL2000- 2010
- Database system developer and administrator for Orange County Public Works and Public Safety.
- Designed and maintained Enterprise-level networked SQL/Access/VB/.NET/Crystal Reports environments.
- Managed cost accounting systems analyzing millions of dollars worth of governmental activities.
- Wrote technical documentation, provided training, and composed executive summaries.
- Delivered public presentations and demonstrations, including to an APWA national engineering convention.
Universal OrlandoOrlando, FL1996- 2000
Stage Manager, Halloween Horror Nights IX
- Supervised entertainment for haunted houses at the world’s number one seasonal Halloween attraction.
- Responsible for all aspects of daily operations, including managing over ninety actors and technicians.
Entertainment Production Supervisor/ Coordinator
- Planned and executed up to 10 special events per day, including managing talent for national broadcast.
- Traveled locally and nationally to supervise shows and special appearances.
- Designed and programmed a department-wide computerized information tracking database system.
Entertainment Talent Scheduler, Mardi Gras Parade
- Reduced payroll errors over 75% by streamlining record-keeping for 120+ performers.
- Wrote Standard Operating Procedures manual for the position.
- Operated audio/video, lighting, and effects systems for Terminator 2/3D, Ghostbusters, Barney, and special events.
Bachelor of Theater Arts. College ofWilliam and Mary, Williamsburg VA.
Concentration in Stage Management and Production.
National Merit Scholar, James Monroe Scholar.
Post a Comment